Box 1142, Gig Harbor, WA 98335
To: Amateur Contestants
From: Gig Harbor Farmers Market and the City
of Gig Harbor
Re: 3rd Annual Chowder Cook-Off Contest
Rules and Information
Date: July 15, 2020
The date and time of the Chowder Cook-Off Contest will be
September 25th starting at 11:00 at Stroh’s Field, Home of the Gig Harbor
Farmers Market, in the food court area.
- All Amateur contestants will he housed in one
tent-this is a health department rule. The market will supply the tent and
tables for the contest.
- Set up time will be 10:00 am-10:45 am, judging will be
from 11:00 am-1:45 pm.
- All Amateurs will be identified by a
number given out by the committee on their chowder container.
All contestanst must bring approximately one quart of chowder to be
Chowder will be Microwaved if needed.
- The Gateway will run two advertisements about the
Chowder Cook-Off and the participating restaurants and amateurs in the
- We will be producing a promotional brochure for the
event. Any Amateur who applies for the contest before August 30th
will be given a free T-Shirt for the chowder cook-off event; other
applications will be accepted until September 15th.
- The Entry Fee to participate will be $5.00.
- A panel of celebrity judges will do judging.
- Two awards will be given “Best Chowder in Gig
Harbor, Amateur Division” and Most Unique Chowder in Gig Harbor
- Winners and awards will be presented at 1:45
pm in the Food Court.
- Please fill entry form
and a check made payable to the GHFM for $5.00. Mail to GHFM, PO Box 1142,
Gig Harbor, WA 98335
- Any questions, call Dale
Schultz, GHFM chairman, at 253-851-7397 or Laureen Lund, City of Gig Harbor,